Convert your files online from any format to other
By Koder at Mon, 01/17/2011 - 01:14
Have you ever been on a corporate computer where you do not find access to adequate software due to licensing and corporate policies ? Have you ever wanted to do a file conversion desperately, such as convert an avi file to mpg file or a dvd vob file, convert a cd song to an mp3 file etc but have been so wary to ask IT to install software on your machine because you do not have the required business case or because the delay will be too much ? No problems, today we will show you how you can convert a majority of file formats to other formats for free and without installing any software on your machine
The variety of available conversion formats are phenomenal, they are not just listed to picture files but include, video, PDF, music and even eBook formats. Can you imagine converting a PDF to a Word document in a single click for free without any software ?
1. Visit Zamar's website online at http://zamzar.com/
2. Click on the browser button to browse to the file you want to upload, alternatively also provide a URL as the file location. Please note that for the free conversion, the file size can not be more than 100 MB. In our case we chose a small jpg file to be converted.
3. You can see your File Queue at the bottom, next to a link that says Remove Files, you can click this button if you want to remove the files you have added.
4. Now you can choose your output format, in our case we chose the output to be a PDF file. Note that the dropdown list of available conversion formats will be limited according to the input file you specified, for example if your input was a PDF file, you can expect it convert to a video Avi file
5. You are now ready to do the conversion, make sure you have all the fields filled, provide your email address (you can read our article on how to provide a self destructing email address) and hit convert and click OK on the popup about the file being sent to the provided email address
6. Check your email and click the link to your downloadable file