How to Create a virtual hard drive on Windows Seven
By Koder at Thu, 01/27/2011 - 19:16
In this article we will explain how you can create a virtual hard drive on your Windows Seven machine. Virtual Hard Disks are a great way of segregating data, they offer portability as you can attach and detach the same virtual hard drive on different workstations. The virtual hard drive that's created, works like any other physical hard drive, you will not be able to tell the different. In certain versions of Windows, you can actually even boot your machine from a virtual hard drive, this feature comes in real handy if you are testing or using dual boot or multi boot operating systems on your machine.
1. Click on Start, Control Panel and then click on Administrative Tools
2. Double click on the Computer Management icon
3. In Computer Management, click on Disk Management Under Storage
4. Disk Management loads local Disk information
5. Right Click Disk Management and Choose Create VHD