How to rotate a video vertically or horizontally
By Koder at Wed, 12/30/2009 - 08:59
How many times has it happened that you shot a video of your favorite moment and later realized that the camera was oriented wrong and the picture that comes up is actually oriented horizontally ? This is a common mistake first time users do, its also a very common thing to happen in videos that are shot using smaller hand held devices such as Cell Phones and Digital Cameras. You can't go back in time to re do your video always, however you can follow our step by step article here, that shows you how to rotate your videos easily.
Using the free Windows Movie Maker software that comes bundled with Windows XP and is available via Windows Live for Windows Seven, you can rotate any video that you have captured. Just follow our step by step tutorial on how to do this and you will have your video fixed in no time at all ! Ok so lets get started.
- Launch Window Video Maker and click on File -> New Project
- Click on Add Images and Photos button
- Click on the "Rotate" video button, choose the right orientation (clockwise 90 degrees in this case). Notice how the video looks in this thumbnail before the rotation
- Click on the File menu -> Save Movie and choose standard definition
- Name your movie file and save it to hard drive, you also have the option of publishing it to YouTube
- The saving movie progress bar shows up as it re encodes the movie, this step can take bit longer depending on the length of your movie
- Now you can play the movie if you want to
- This is how the movie looks after the conversion
That's it, the conversion is complete. Now you don't have to turn your sideways to view your movie properly and you don't have to be sorry as why you shot it wrong ;-). If you want to share your ideas, any other software of the similar kind that you use, your experience with another software or simply want to provide feedback, you can always contact us by leaving us a comment here or by using the Contact Us form.