How to use Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder in Windows Seven
By Koder at Tue, 01/25/2011 - 09:55
Windows Seven has another new feature called Microsoft' problem steps recorder. This application lets you capture your interaction with the operating system and the applications you are using, it takes detailed screen captures and literally spells out every step you took while getting to the problem. The result is all contained in one single .mht file which can be opened in Internet Explorer and it can tell your IT support technician of exactly what you were trying to do when the problem happened. If you have ever worked in IT support or a HelpDesk environment, you would quickly come to appreciate this application as it replicates and captures all the information for the support staff. In this article we will show you, step by step, how to use Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder application.
Follow the following steps to record the steps in Microsoft's Problem Steps Recorder.
1. Click on Start and in the search box type in Problem Steps Recorder, hit enter or click on the first result
2. When Problem Steps Recorder Launches, click on Start Record
3. We launched Internet Explorer, notice the Problem Steps recorder is working away in the background, recording time is displayed
4. Click on Stop Record Button
5. You will be asked to save the file in zip format, so provide a filename and location