How to stop print notification bubble in Windows XP
Follow these steps to stop the bubble / notification:
- Click on Start Menu
- Click on Printer and Faxes (or in case of a 'classsic' start menu, choose 'Settings' and then click on 'printers and faxes')
- Click the 'File' menu in the window that appears and choose 'server properties'
- Click on the Advanced Tab - Uncheck the option 'show informational notifications for local printers' and if your printer is a network printer (not directly attached to your machine) also uncheck 'show informational notifications for network printers'
- Uncheck the box 'notify when remote documents are printed' - Click ok to close the print server properties box
- Close the Printers and Faxes window
- Do a test print, see if you still see the notification bubble Another supporting article with detailed information from Microsoft: How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308217